Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sacred Economics

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted on here!  Summer is just far too ridiculously busy - especially in Wisconsin, where you have to cram every possible activity into this 3 month period because it's our only shot at decent weather.

Anyway, I'm excited to get back to our "real" school year and excited to share this really cool video with all of you that sums up so much of what I think about the world.  I particularly love the part where he talks about school: 
 "One of the things I talk about is the sense of 'wrongness' that I had as a child.  I think most kids have some sense of it, that it's not supposed to be this way.  For example, that you're not supposed to actually hate Monday, and be happy when you don't have to go to school.  School should be something you love - life should be something you love."

That was a profound realization in homeschooling for me - that learning and life ought to be one and the same, and that if it feels wrong, it probably is wrong.  What's really great is that my kids can't wait for our school to start, either - especially our co-op, which we love - and that tells me that we're on the right track.  I'll be teaching the 8 & 9 year olds this year, so there will be curriculum coming your way soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment